" journey is what brings us happiness, not the destination... "

Friday, April 20, 2007

I NEED WAVES !!!!

It's almost been 3 years since I moved to Japan from Hawaii. I love Japan, but I really miss Hawaii. I miss my friends, the nice, warm weather, the cool tropical breezes at night, the distance sounds of Hawaiian music being played at the beach and Hotels in Waikiki, the beautiful sunsets, the local plate lunches and most of all...THE SURF!!!!! I came to Japan to follow my dream of music and in order to endure on this journey, I had to make some sacrifices. Leaving Hawaii, which has been my home for more than 18 years was a big step for me. Don't get me wrong, I still love Japan, my band, the delicious food and living walking distance from the beach in Shonan! But after being here for so long and putting so much of my energy and time into my music, I slowly started to forget who I really was, who I REALLY am, and that is a WAVE LOVER! I spent most of my life in the water or near it at least. Now that I am not surfing as much as I used to, I really get depressed like there is something missing in my life. My true home is in Hawaii, I will be back soon! Until then, I got to blow the ear drums out of a few more people and then its time for THE NORTH!!!!!! Never forget who you really are....

Here's a video that my friends and I made awhile back. Good old bodyboarding days!!!!

filmed at:

Off The Wall, North Shore
Haleiwa, North Shore
Ehukai, North Shore
Makaha