" journey is what brings us happiness, not the destination... "

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

New President from Hawaii.... Aaron in the Hospital for Eye Surgery !

It's been a good and bad 2 weeks for me. First of all, I want to say I'm happy that Barack Obama is the next President of the United States of America. I can finally say that I'm proud to be an American again. On top of that Obama is from Honolulu, Hawaii, my HOMETOWN!! I actually went to the same private highschool Obama went to..Punahou! I only stayed a few weeks though.... hmmm.. maybe if I would of stayed at Punahou I could of been the next President as well??

NEWS! I went into surgery for my eye. From all those years surfing and being exposed to the sun in Hawaii, my eye got Pterygium, also known as " Surfer's Eye " People who are in the sun a lot, tennis players, construction workers.. etc. are at high risk for this. For the past 5 years I noticed that my left eye would always get red and irritated, I went to the doctor and was told I needed to go into surgery and if I left it alone it could eventually block my vision. The operation was successful, but it hurt a lot!! Imagine a needle in your eye and watching the doctor cut pieces out of your eye then sewing it back up!!! I'm so glad the operation is over !

After surgery it was pretty hard adjusting to everyday life. I couldn't open both of my eyes and for one whole day I was blind! It was hard to eat, take a shower and sleep! I feel better know but it is hard to look out of both eyes, I can't watch T.V. too much and can't use the computer, even writing this now is very hard. I just have to rest and relax. I should be ok by the time we have our shows in December! But I might be wearing sunglasses!

アメリカ大統領オバマ誕生!!もしもオバマが勝たなかったらもうアメリカに帰りたくないくらい思ってたから〜本当に嬉しいです!!!しかも僕はオバマと同じハワイの高校に通ってたんだ☆今のアメリカは、彼なら変えられる、そう信じてます。

最近目の手術をしました。俗に“サーファーズアイ”と呼ばれている翼状片で、サーファーやテニス選手とか日光をよく浴びる人がなったりします。けっこう大変な手術だから5年近く待ったけど、名医さんを知ってようやくできました。これ、放っておくと失明しちゃうんだ。みんなも太陽の光には気をつけてね。そんな感じで、12月のライブはサングラス必須!?コブクロ系でやらかします。